Life gets monotonus with the regular jobs and house hold work. Each one of us looks for activities that can bring us out of this routine life. Something which is rejuvenating for the mind and body is travel. Gone are the days when long vacations was possible now amidst all the responsibilities it is not possible frequently and the best way to give life a break is by planning small weekend travels to nearby places. You can easily pack only the important stuff and get in the car and get going. Delhi offers plethora of options when it comes to spending a nice weekend away. If you wish to take a break from driving then you should opt for cabs keeping that budget in place you should always check for Meru cabs coupons so that you get discount on every ride you take. Also, most of these places are well within budget and are under Rs5000 which means they are also not very heavy on your pocket.
1) Mount Abu+ Udaipur: If you want to get a feel of royalty then this is where you should be. Check Udaipur to see how the royalty lived and this place is heaven during monsoons with its numerous lakes. You should check out Monsoon palace, lake palace, Bagore ki Haveli while you are here. Mount Abu is just a day trip from here so that you can return to Delhi post the exploration.
2) Pushkar+ Ajmer: These two holy cities are the house to most revered holy places in India. The only Brahma temple in the world is located in Pushkar which dates back to 14thcentury. It is surrounded by ghats and numerous lakes which is a delight especially in the evening. Ajmer has the shrine of Saint Moinuddin Chisti which is an important pilgrimage site. One can visit the akhbar fort museum or go shopping for handicrafts in Pushkar. These places are just 30 minutes away and thus do not call for a lot of planning.
3) Orchha+Khajuraho: Explore the heart of the country b starting from Gwalior which holds the Gwalior fort and Mandir. Spend the next day in Orchha by exploring the architectural excellence of Ruler of Bundela. Visit Khajuraho for the architectural marvel and the erotic work all over the temples. They are known as the garden of dates. The roads are great and these cities are well connected.
4) Dalhousie+Khajjar: This one is all beauty and one of the memorable trips that you will take. The hill station has clouds descending on the hills with lush greensurroundings. Pir Pinjal Mountain range is extremely gorgeous and will remain in your mind for long. Khajjaroffers overwhelming gorgeous meadows where you can enjoy with family or friends. The drizzling rains makes it a view not to miss.
5) Katra+vaishno Devi: Jammu has traits that no other place in the world can offer. From forts to temples it has everything to offer. Located just 8 hours from Delhi Jammu is land where the super power resides. Vaishnodevi is the most famous pilgrimage in India. The adventurer find patnitop a great place to explore and baba Dhansar has a spring which comes from a rock and then emerges in Chenab River which is nature marvel. This is a great trip from Delhi and back which is highly fulfilling.
6) Kasauli+Shimla: This small hill station is all about peace and beauty. You can reach Kasauli via Chandigarh which is a great drive and then plan to stay here. You do not have to worry about the weather and you can always visit shimlafor here. In summers it is a great way to beat the heat and during rains the view is just too exotic to miss.
7) Dharamshala+ Mcleodganj: These towns of the Kangravalley are blessed with natural beauty. Dharamshala is located very close to the Dhauladhar range which is a starting point for many mountain treks. There are many waterfalls, lakes, scenic points and temples to visit. The town of Mcleodganj is a home for the Tibetian government in exile and thus is also known as little Laha. It is beautiful serene village that offers good weather, nice stay options and great food.
8) Lucknow+ Varanasi: he city of lucknow is known for its hospitality and manners. The Bara Imambara, BhoolBhulaiya, Sankat Mochan Mandir and Rumi Darwaza are some important sites to visit here. Varanasi is a sacred hindu city which has the Holy river Gnaga which flows from here. Hundred of pilgrims take holy bath in the river with the backdrop of the temples that offers a beautiful site. This is decently located from the city and offers a perfect option for a short trip.
9) Rishikesh: This one is now known as the international nomad’s favorite destination. This is nestled amongst the Himalayas which is also the place where Ganga flows in its rigor. This place is known for spirituality and yoga. There are also many adventure activities available like rafting and trekking along the mountains. The important attraction here is the riverside camps which allow you to spend the night close to nature. Leaving rishikesh is a difficult task after the stay.
10) Nainital+Jim Corbett: Corbett National park is India’s richest Tiger reserves which has a great diversity in terms of Flora and Fauna. There are many cottages which are build for the visitors to stay while they enjoy the natural reserve. There has been many documentaries made and the park is named after the famous wildlife story writer. Every year there are many tourists who visit this place and most of them move ahead to the land of lakes Nainital.
Driving to most of this destination is a great idea as they are all connected to the National Capital. You can pick up the choice of experience and then go ahead and choose the location. All these places allow you to enjoy your weekend in the way chosen and if you have an extra day with you then it is an added delight.