Bali, known as the Land of the gods, is one of the most popular rising tourist destinations in the world. In fact, it is one of Trip Advisor’s Traveler’s Choice Award. With its tropical season, this majestic place can be toured throughout the year. You can spend Bali holiday and experience the culture and tradition of its people.
Why is Bali an All-time Favorite Travel Destination?
Indonesia has a total of 17,000 islands. However, it is Bali that shines the most. This island is a perfect combination of white sand beaches, ancient culture, exotic temples, pristine jungles, and much more.
Here are the top 5 reasons why Bali is a favorite tourist destination:
- Idyllic Beaches – Bali offers an unending list of stunning beaches. Each beach has its own unique charm, from its white sand beaches to surfing; they are defined differently according to its characteristics.
- Rich in Culture – The beauty of this island goes way deeper than its sheer appearances. They are also rich in culture. The people that live here are tied up with many cultural traditions. They have different festivals and ceremonies throughout the year. Each varies according to the religious practices of each people. In fact, there are over 20,000 temples on the island. This will explain how spirituality is very important to the Balinese people.
- Friendly Locals – The locals of Bali is known for its accommodating nature. They are the friendliest and welcoming people. This characteristic is what attracts the tourist the most because the Balinese will go out of their way to make their guests and visitors feel welcome and comfortable.
- Natural Beauty – Bali offers natural beauty. Their majestic landscapes are not man made. Their picturesque mountains, lakes, rice terraces, caves, beaches, and forests are untouched. The Balinese knows the importance of natural beauty. Hence, they made it a point that it is maintained properly.
- Cuisine – The natives of Bali have created its own distinctive cuisine. Their traditional recipes are passed down from generation to generation. Hence, the taste of their food is still maintained. Their traditional cuisine can be experienced either as a fine dining or street food.
Where to Stay in Bali?
Bali offers a number of hotels and resorts. Any tourist had an option whether they want to stay near the beach, overlooking the mountains, at the popular Seminyak Villas, or at the heart of Bali.
Accommodations in Bali
If you prefer to stay near the beach, the best choice would be near the southern coastline of the Island. These resorts are private and are just a few steps away from the beach. In fact, some of these resorts offer a number of water sports activities. They also offer spa facilities that help you relax and unwind. In addition, their dining facilities are top-notch. You have the option whether you prefer to taste their traditional cuisine or go with the western style cuisine. Most of these resorts are situated in the area of Nusa Dua, Seminyak, and Jimbaran.
Villas in Bali
The most popular villas in Bali are situated in Seminyak. The villas here are stylish and are more often preferred by expats. The reason why the place itself is popular because you will find several choices of restaurants, clubs, galleries, spas, and boutique shops. These villas are located in the heart of the town. But, despite the fun and adventurous action located in the area, Seminyak still manage to hold that serene setting that the tourists love. In addition, the place also offers a variety of stores that shopaholics would love to browse. They offer souvenir items and other native products.
Places to Visit
There are a number of tourist spots to visit in Bali that is fit for any Australian Family. These are:
- Bali Safari and Marine Park – This Park is the largest animal theme park in the Island. It has over 60 species that roam freely in the natural habitat that is built in an enclosed facility. This destination is perfect for families with kids.
- Ubud Art Market – This market in Ubud offers a variety of handmade and well-crafted items. It is the perfect place to go if you are looking for a souvenir or gift items. All the items that are sold in the market are made by neighboring villages of Pengosekan.
- Tanah Lot Temple – This temple is considered as the most iconic of all the temples in Bali. It is situated on a huge rock and is surrounded by the sea. It is truly a learning experience of culture and tradition.
Bali is a place that is rich in culture and tradition. It has several known festivals that are shared with the tourists. During Christmas Holiday, your family can take a relaxing vacation and unwind. This place is truly a favoured destination.